Saturday, March 6, 2010

krawww

mah name is sally and how do you not write a narcissistic blog?
music! music music music. is this one band this genre or this other genre?
politics! it all makes me angry. because of this logical reason.
did you know this famous person is coming into town today?
have you ever had a chocolate cake with zucchini to moisten it and cream cheese icing and recess pieces on top and peanut butter cups inside? it's real good.
my cousin hid in a tree hole marina's kid took a poop in earlier. hahaha, we weren't allowed to tell him.
i roasted sausages over an open fire today. usually i don't like meat, but this seemed different! and it was. watching the meat be cooked, the white bubbling fat dripping off as the sausages charred and the amazing rich salty smell. until the sausage was brown and crispy and the drippings were clear- we ate them wrapped up in pieces of my dad's home made bread. I had beer and apple juice as well. we sat on logs and our bums got cold. my relatives talked about music they liked in high school- i talked about differences in places i've been. my aunt thought i was about to graduate college! the cat smokey ran ahead of us and its little paw prints showed 6 toe pads on each foot. on the way out of the woods where we had had our bonfire, dizzy from half a beer, filled with sausages and cake, i looked back and saw my family. my dad in his old vest and boots trodding along, the adventurous dirty blond kids stumbling on sticks and earth and over the snow. patches of orange red forest ground and flattened long grass were now under my feet and ahead were overgrown farm fields, broken wooden fences, rolling land, the barn, my dad's house. a plane was going overhead making a warm swelling of sound and the sun hit me and it was beautiful. the forest behind was clear to see my family through, the scrub still wintery. :] I hadn't felt like my family was with me for a bit and.. this was really cool and nice. It reminded me of a kid's storybook my dad would have read me.
When they got home tonight from their church supper, dad helped me with lolita for a while. he likes to mostly subsist on homemade buns and butter or his oat cookies. his giardia allows him to do this, though it's slowly being fought off from the time he drank in an infected river. until then, he can live this high life of friendly poopage and high carbage. :D
I read to maeve tonight, and actually got into the voices a little and paced it slower and had some conversations about the story and realized it's not something you power through and think about after like i do with my books, it's like, an experience maaaan.
and yes.
also it is very annoying to have kid's books lecture you about good life habits and stuff. not really a rad bedtime story. want stories of awesome adventures, whether in reality or not- it's not like you learn stuff like that without doing it yourself anyhow.
i'm glad kid's tv was so super weird when we were kids. those weirder cartoons didn't assume kids were idiots or use fill in the blank plotlines as much.
i don't talk about all of the good things in life very often!
oops sort of self centered. more pleasant though.
where do you guys plan to travel one day? do any of you plan to take a year off during school or do you feel confident you know what you want out of school right now?

1 comment:

  1. you are so fucking wonderful sally

    i love school and i love here but i also want to travel. but i think i would be the shittiest traveler ever because i get so nervous and anxious and scared i would probably just find a hotel room and sit in it and not leave.

    ReplyDelete